Japanese Selvedge Denim Blue Jeans, Heavy Stonewash (SS16 Edition)
The Hill-Side Blue Jeans are hand-made in Okayama, Japan at a small, highly regarded factory using custom-developed indigo selvedge denim - a special fabric that's expertly woven on narrow shuttle looms at a tiny, under-the-radar denim mill in the same town as the factory.
The denim features moderate slub yarns in both the warp and the weft, resulting in a unique but subtle overall texture. The denim is kept loomstate -- completely unsanforized and untreated -- throughout production, then the finished jeans are washed once in order to eliminate shrinkage and make them ready to wear right away. The warp yarns are diligently rope-dyed, which results in a beautiful, luminous, and rich shade of indigo that will break in beautifully over time.
- 12.5oz red-line selvedge denim, woven exclusively for The Hill-Side on antique shuttle looms in Okayama
- Warp yarns are diligently rope-dyed in indigo
- 100% cotton
- Slim-straight fit
- Discreet branding and generic trims evoke WWII-era jeans, which had minimal decoration and details in order to comply with wartime rationing
- Herringbone twill pocket bags
- Generic, painted "laurel leaf" military waist button
- Button fly
- Blank leather patch
- The Hill-Side cotton twill tape tab sewn into leather patch
- Blank copper rivets
- Hidden back pocket rivets
- Back pockets attached in one continuous stitch
- The Hill-Side twill tape label hidden inside right back pocket
- Selvedge at coin pocket
- Chain stitched hem
- Heavy stonewash
Made in Japan (Okayama)
THIS PRODUCT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE, AND IS NOW VIEWABLE ONLY AS PART OF OUR HISTORICAL ARCHIVE.